Andre Ward rolls over Edwin Rodriguez – ESPN.com
Believe it or not, Ward came into this fight off a serious shoulder injury, subsequent surgery and a 14-month layoff. Yet there was no sign of ring rust and Ward was absolutely brilliant in his sixth title defense, a one-sided humiliation of Rodriguez, who looked like an amateur.
Compubox: Ward lands 41% of shots on Rodriguez – Boxing Scene
Masterful performance by the economical Andre Ward, who landed 41% of his total punches (18 of 44 per round- 168 lb avg: 17 of 55); 42% of his jabs (7 of 17 per round- 168-lb avg: 5 of 24) and 41% of his power shots (11 of 27- 168 lb avg: 12 of 31). Ward outlanded Edwin Rodriguez better than 3-1 over the last six rounds (126-43). Rodriguez landed just 22% of his total punches and 24% of his power shots.
Ward routs Rodriguez in return after 14 months off – ESPN.com
Andre Ward returned from a 14-month ring absence with a lopsided unanimous decision over Edwin Rodriguez on Saturday night, defending his WBA super middleweight title.
Andre Ward picks up where he left off – Ring Magazine
Ward’s utter domination of a legitimate challenger was particularly impressive for at least two reasons. One, Ward he had the long layoff because of surgery to repair an injured right shoulder. He showed no rust, landing hard, accurate punches throughout and taking very few shots himself to win a near-shutout decision. He appeared to be at his best.
The Joy of Andre Ward – 15 Rounds
American super middleweight Andre Ward is the sole prizefighter I routinely review in slow motion, the only active world champion whose subtleties bring a continuing euphoria of discovery to me. Ward is, in his way, our sport’s most unpredictable fighter, and most complicated fighter.
Ward and observers look for more in 2014 – Fight News
Vanquished foes talk generously of Andre Ward’s talent, the head of HBO Sports sees 2014 as a breakthrough year for the undefeated super middleweight, other fighters’ promoters speak of him like they represent him.
Ward wins in unanimous decision – Fox Sports
Andre Ward returned from a 14-month ring absence with a lop-sided unanimous decision over Edwin Rodriguez on Saturday night, defending his WBA super middleweight title.Ward (27-0) won nearly every round in a dominant effort against the previously unbeaten Rodriguez at Citizens Business Bank Arena.
Andre Ward’s dominant win summed up in one punch – USA Today
In his first fight in the last 14 months, super middleweight Andre Ward dominated Edwin Rodriguez in Ontario, California, scoring a lopsided unanimous decision to improve his record to 27-0 (14 KOs). The fight was Ward’s first since undergoing shoulder surgery, but he outclassed Rodriguez from the opening bell, proving why many rank him as the No. 2 pound-for-pound fighter in the world.
Andre Ward pummels Edwin Rodriguez – Los Angeles Times
Ward, the WBA super-middleweight champion of the world, was given an obvious unanimous decision. The three judges had it 118-106, 117-107 and 116-108. Ward hadn’t fought in 14 months, healing from a shoulder injury that required surgery.
Rapid Reaction: Ward routs Rodriguez – ESPN.com
If Saturday’s performance in Ontario, Calif., was any sort of barometer, maybe Andre Ward should take a year off between every fight. Thankfully for fans, that’s unlikely, especially now that Ward — who had been out 14 months, in part because of shoulder surgery — is healthy, and also considering how little damage he absorbed in a thorough floor-wiping of Edwin Rodriguez.
Ward vs. Rodriguez, Ward says he’s not underestimating his opponent – Bad Left Hook
Andre Ward returns this weekend on HBO World Championship Boxing for his first fight in 14 months, facing undefeated super middleweight contender Edwin “La Bomba” Rodriguez.
After lengthy layoff, Ward hungry to get back in the ring – San Francisco Examiner
Laid clad and gleaming, the Olympic gold medal dangled from Andre Ward’s neck, weighing down the accomplishments of a 10-year amateur boxing career. And Edwin Rodriguez — then an aspiring Olympian — for one, was proud.
Ward vs. Rodriguez Final Presser and Quotes – Pro Boxing Fans
Andre “S.O.G.” Ward is just 48 hours away from his return to the ring, and he’s locked and loaded for his first fight of 2013. Ward will face off with undefeated contender Edwin “La Bomba” Rodriguez in a super middleweight title bout on Saturday night at the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, Calif., and live on HBO World Championship Boxing.
Five Keys for Andre Ward against Edwin Rodriguez – ESPN.com
After a 14-month hiatus, super middleweight champion Andre Ward will be back in action to defend his title against unbeaten Edwin “La Bomba” Rodriguez. Ward (26-0, 14 KOs), who had shoulder surgery in January, is still one of the top pound-for-pound fighters in boxing coming off a stoppage victory against then-light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson in September 2012.
Andre Ward ready to get in the grove – ESPN.com
Time away from the ring has brought reflection and recovery for super middleweight champion Andre Ward. What his 14-month layoff that included January shoulder surgery hasn’t done, however, is remove any of the fire in his belly, fire that has carried him to an unbeaten record and universal acclaim as the No. 2 pound-for-pound fighter in the world
Andre Ward: Rejuvenated, Recovered and ready to win – BET.com
After 14 months away from the ring, Ward announced his return to the sport in September. “It feels amazing to be back. It wasn’t easy because I had to battle back,” Ward said. “There was a lot that I had to overcome, so it was sort of a moral victory to get a fight…now that the fight is around the corner, it feels great!”
Andre Ward finally healthy, eager to return to the ring – USA Today
For the first time since he was a teenager, Andre Ward will step into the ring with a completely healthy right shoulder. That’s a giant step for the undefeated lineal super middleweight champion and last American male to win an Olympic gold medal. Especially considering that Ward had fought through a rotator cuff injury he kept to himself for about 15 years.
Andre Ward: I’m going to talk the loudest on November 16 - Fight Hype
Andre Ward Fit and Ready to Rumble on Saturday night – Los Angeles Daily News
Super middleweight champion Andre Ward on Saturday night will be in his first fight in 14 months. For some fighters, this could be a real detriment, but Ward assured reporters during a workout Thursday at Warzone Boxing Gym that his way of doing business will allow him to not miss a beat when he defends his title against Edwin Rodriguez (24-0, 16 KOs) at Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario (on HBO).
Andre Ward ESPN.com chat – ESPN.com
VIDEO: Andre Ward full media workout video – Fight Hype.tv
VIDEO: Andre Ward shows mad skills on the heavy bag – ESNews.com
Andre Ward - “I have a new arsenal. I have a lot of power in both hands.” – Fight News For a long while Andre Ward’s been a Ford pickup guy, living a life of a man driving his truck to work in the pre-dawn light, staying late, keeping it humble. Ward still drives a Ford pickup and grinds it, but there’s another car in his garage — a Porsche Panamera – which reflects another side of the man who’s months from turning thirty
Andre Ward plans a rude awakening for Edwin Rodriguez – Boxing Scene With under a month remaining until his highly anticipated return, WBA and Ring Magazine Super Middleweight World Champion Andre “S.O.G.” Ward went back to his roots at King’s Gym in Oakland, Calif., to discuss his upcoming battle with Edwin “La Bomba” Rodriguez
Andre Ward Locked in for Edwin Rodriguez
– The Sweet Science When Andre “S.O.G” Ward appeared at an afternoon press conference in Southern California recently, an angry look was evident from the prizefighter from Oakland
Ward vs. Rodriguez – The Return - Eastside Boxing Just off the I-10 freeway in Southern California stands an electric-powered billboard that flashes images of upcoming events, and in-between promoting an upcoming Cher concert and the inaugural game for the Ontario Reign minor league hockey team is an advertisement that simply states, ‘The Return’, with a picture of the consensus No. 2 fighter in the world, Andre Ward, and the date of November 1.
Andre Ward Reveals he’s had his eye on Rodriguez – Boxing Scene Andre Ward is set to make his return to the ring after being sidelined for over a year due to a nagging shoulder injury that required surgery after his fight with Chad Dawson.
Ward reacts to public request for VADA testing - Boxing Scene Getting the Andre Ward-Edwin Rodriguez fight made didn’t come easy as there were lengthy negotiations in each side with money being one of the main issues.
Kickoff Presser for “The Return” – Andre Ward vs. Edwin Rodriguez on November 16 – Fight News Less than two months away from returning off the longest layoff of his professional career, 2004 U.S. Olympic gold medalist and current WBA Super Middleweight Champion Andre “S.O.G.” Ward held court with reporters Saturday afternoon a few miles from the Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. vs. Brian Vera card in Carson, California, scheduled for later that evening.
Andre Ward tells Edwin Rodriguez that he has no problem with random testing - Fight Hype We just had a lengthy negotiation and VADA wasn’t brought up, USADA wasn’t brought up, nobody was brought up one time and all of a sudden at the press conference, in front of all the media, he wants to pose a question like trying to put me on the spot.
Exclusive one-on-one with Andre Ward – Golden Gate Sports Ever since he stepped in the ring, Andre Ward has been on the fast track to greatness.
Andre Ward vs. Edwin Rodriguez – The Return - Doghouse Boxing Following slightly more than a year’s absence from the ring due to injury, Bay Area hero, 2004 Olympic gold medalist and WBA and Ring Magazine Super Middleweight Champion, Andre “S.O.G.” Ward, makes his highly anticipated return to the ring.
Ward to return on November 16 – ESPN.co.uk Promoter Dan Goossen has announced that super-middleweight champion Andre Ward, out of action since last September because of a shoulder injury, will return to defend his crown against contender Edwin Rodriguez on November 16.
Oakland’s Ward to return on November 16 – San Francisco Chronicle Oakland boxer Andre Ward will fight Edwin Rodriguez on Nov. 16 in Ontario (Riverside County), returning to the ring after a 14-month absence.
Oakland’s Andre Ward to fight November 16 on HBO – NBC’s Bay Area Andre Ward is itching for a fight. And he’ll get his chance — on Nov. 16. Ward, the Oakland native who won a gold medal at the 2004 Olympics, will return to boxing after more than a year away from the ring after suffering a shoulder injury, according to reports.
Andre Ward will return to the ring on November 16 in Ontario – Los Angeles Times Unbeaten world super-middleweight champion Andre Ward will return to the ring after more than a 14-month layoff against Edwin Rodriguez on Nov. 16 at Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario.
Andre Ward to return to action in fight with Edwin Rodriguez – ESPN Super middleweight champion Andre Ward, out of action since last September because of a shoulder injury, will return to defend his crown against contender Edwin Rodriguez on Nov. 16, promoter Dan Goossen announced Friday.
Oakland’s Andre Ward talks titles, the future – Oakland Local It was just hours away from the big championship bout in Las Vegas this past weekend between Floyd Mayweather and Canelo Alvarez, as another champion, Oakland’s own Andre Ward, reflected on where his career was going to take him.
Andre Ward anxious for ring return - Fight News Fight fans flocked to Vegas this past week for the biggest boxing event of the year, “The One: Mayweather-Canelo.” It was a week filled with festivities from the fighter arrivals, the workouts, the press conferences, the weigh in and the event
Ward passes Martinez in major pound-for-pound rankings - RingTV.com There was a time, during December of last year, when southpaw RING middleweight champion Sergio Martinez and RING super middleweight champ Andre Ward had expressed the desire to face each other at a catchweight.
He’s underrated no more, however. Ward’s 10th-round stoppage of Chad Dawson, which followed a comprehensive performance, vaulted him past Manny Pacquiao and Sergio Martinez in the Yahoo! Sports rankings and into second place, behind only Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Amir Khan has tabbed Virgil Hunter to replace former trainer Freddie Roach after suffering two back to back losses to Lamont Peterson and Danny Garcia. Khan expressed he felt he wasn’t getting enough time with Freddie as he often had to share camps with Roach’s prized fighter Manny Pacquiao.
Looks like HBO’s pursuit of Andre Ward paid off. The Oakland boxer last fought on HBO six years ago, and his return to the cabler paid off with some solid numbers. According to Nielsen, the Sept. 8 main event bout of Andre Ward vs. Chad Dawson delivered an audience of 1.3 million HBO viewers for the live, first time airing of the fight.
When Andre Ward stood on the ropes and raised his arms in victory after demolishing Chad Dawson, I was reminded forcefully of a similar scene when a young Cassius Clay stood next to the ropes with a raised fist after demolishing “Big Bear” Sonny Liston.
HBO’s Jim Lampley talks with Andre Ward and Chad Dawson as they discuss their championship matchup. Ward vs. Dawson happens Saturday, September 8th at 9:45pm ET/PT live on HBO.
Undefeated WBA, WBC and RING super middleweight world champion Andre “SOG” Ward(25-0, 13 KOs) and WBC and RING light heavyweight titleholder“Bad” Chad Dawson (31-1, 17 KOs) both held open media workouts this week from their respective training camps in Oakland, CA and Las Vegas, NV.
Nestled in a run-down section of the city sits a nondescript warehouse on 35th Avenue. It’s a dead-end road with dilapidated homes that sits off the freeway. It seems like the warehouse could be home to just about anything, but the myriad of TV trucks parked outside signifies something greater.
Ward prepared for the Dawson Challenge
- Bob Velin, USA Today Andre Ward, 28, the last American men’s boxer to win an Olympic gold medal (2004), is preparing for perhaps the biggest fight of his career, a super middleweight world title bout against light heavyweight champ Chad Dawson in Oakland, Ward’s hometown, on Sept. 8 (HBO, 9:45 p.m. ET). Andre Ward – “I expect the biggest challenge”
- Brian Campbell, ESPN.com At 28, Ward (25-0, 13 KOs) is entering his prime in high demand and currently preparing for a challenging defense of his 168-pound title against light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson (31-1, 17 KOs) on Sept. 8 (HBO, 9:45 p.m. ET/PT) in Ward’s hometown of Oakland. ESPN.com caught up with Ward as his training camp winds down ahead of his fifth title defense.
Ring Announcer Nick Cannon Visits Andre Ward (photos)
- San Jose Mercury News Andre Ward 2004 Olympic gold medalist and WBC, WBA super middleweight champion and Nick Cannon host of America’s Got Talent meet up at Ward’s gym to film a promotional spot for HBO in Hayward, Calif., Friday, Aug. 17, 2012. Cannon will be the ring announcer at Ward’s upcoming Sept. 8 fight against Chad Dawson at Oracle Arena in Oakland. Ward inspired Shields, first U.S. Women’s Boxing Olympic Champion
– Lem Satterfield, RingTV.com It was back in June in Las Vegas that RING super middleweight champion
Andre Ward, an Olympic gold medalist in 2004, greeted 17-year-old Claressa Shields, wishing her well in her effort to achieve what he already had as an amateur fighter. Andre Ward Training Camp Notes
- Ray Markarian, The Sweet Sciene On Wednesday afternoon, exactly one month before he fights Chad Dawson in one of the most anticipated fights of the year, we checked in with Andre Ward at his training headquarters in Hayward, Calif. Andre Ward on his Olympic Experience
– Boxing Scene WBC/WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward is training for his upcoming defense of titles, scheduled for September 8th against Chad Dawson at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California – and televised on HBO. Ward was the last American boxer to win a gold medal in the Olympics. He captured gold in 2004 in Athens. 24/7 Ward/Dawson debuts on HBO on Auguts 25th. Andre Ward is just what boxing needs right now
- Tim Kawakami, San Jose Mercury News Andre Ward isn’t going to get angrier, brasher, stupider and more flamboyant just to drive himself to boxing superstardom, not all at once, anyway. That’s not who he is, and thank goodness for that. Andre Ward nominated for Best Fighter ESPY Award
It started with ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Yahoo! Sports, USA Today and many others, eventually culminating with the prestigious Boxing Writers Association of America naming Andre Ward their Fighter of the Year. Lem’s Latest: Andre Ward touts his chin
– Lem Satterfield, Ring Magazine – 12/19/2011 Andre Ward, of Oakland, Calif., continually nailed Saturday night’s rival with an injured left hand, biting down and enduring the pain over the course of a unanimous decision victory over Carl Froch, of England, at Boardwalk Hall. Andre Ward is Sports Illustrated’s Fighter of the Year
– Chris Mannix, Sports Illustrated – 12/19/2011 There is a certain rhythm to Andre Ward’s game, a musical elegance gifted only to the finest performers. The technical brilliance is there, a product of a 10-year amateur career that culminated with an Olympic gold medal in 2004. There is the strength and power, quickness and speed, a perfect blend of skills that have, thus far, made Ward unbeatable at the pro level. Five things we learned from Ward vs. Froch
– Igor Gurayshkin, ESPN.com – 12/18/2011 The final between Ward and Froch was expected by many to be close. It wasn’t. Nor is the chasm that now separates Ward and his contemporaries in the division. The laser-like accuracy shown by Ward against Froch merely underlined his status as the best medium-sized fighter on the planet. Ward wins the Super Six Boxing Classi
c – Dan Rafael, ESPN.com – 12/17/2011 When Showtime’s Super Six World Boxing Classic began 26 months ago, the landscape at 168 pounds was far different than it is today. The pre-tournament favorite was then-titleholder Mikkel Kessler with Arthur Abraham, the powerful middleweight titlist who was moving up in weight for the tourney, the second choice. Ward is going to be one of the best
– Gareth Davies, Talk Sport – 12/17/2011 Daily Telegraph correspondent says American Andre Ward is now up there with the best in the pound-for-pound rankings after his win over Carl Froch. Amazing Andre Ward made Carl Froch look bad
– Mike Costello, BBC – 12/17/2011 Some boxers have a knack of making violence seem almost graceful. Andre Ward is one of them. Ward’s big win positions him for Fighter of the Year honors
– Bob Velin, USA Today – 12/17/2011 If there were any doubts about Andre Ward’s place among the elite fighters in boxing, the new unified super middleweight champion erased them as quickly as he plowed his left hooks and right crosses into Carl Froch’s jaw on Saturday night. Classy Andre Ward ends Carl Froch Empire
– Niall Hickman, Express -12/17/2011 Carl Froch’s attempt to create his own Boardwalk Empire in Atlantic City came up short as Andre Ward unified the principal world super middleweight titles with a classy points victory. Super Six victory adds to Ward’s impressive victory
– Santos Perez, Miami Herald – 12/17/2011 Before the Super Six World Boxing Classic’s conception two years ago, Andre Ward was identified primarily for his gold-medal winning performance in the 2004 Olympics. Ward’s Biggest Night
– Michael Rosenthal, Ring Magazine – 12/17/2011 Ward had the pedigree going into the Super Six World Boxing Classic. The product of Oakland, Calif., capped a tremendous amateur career by winning a gold medal in the 2004 Olympics, the first American to do so since David Reid in 1996. Andre Ward wins Super Six
- Dan Rafael, ESPN.com – 12/17/2011 Andre Ward staked his claim as the top 168-pound division fighter, using his speed and a combination of lefts to defeat Carl Froch in a unanimous decision Saturday night at Boardwalk Hall in the Super Six super middleweight tournament final. Andre Ward is an amazing fighter
– Scoop Malinowski, Boxing Insider – 12/17/2011 I was amazed at Andre Ward’s dominant performance against Carl Froch in the final of the Showtime Super Six tournament in Atlantic City. Ward has so many different styles, it’s hard to count. Ward, a glorious new dawn?
- Ben Dirs, BBC – 12/17/2011 Another chastening night for British boxing was a potentially great one for the sport in general as Andre Ward announced himself as a fighter of rare quality with a stunning dismantling of Carl Froch in Atlantic City. Unbeaten Andre Ward retains WBA super middleweight crown
– Keith Idec, The Record Super Six Finale Slide Show
- Examiner.com – 12/17/2011 Ward: I’m no dirty fighte
r – UKPA – 12/15/2011 Andre Ward has rubbished Carl Froch’s suggestion that he is a dirty fighter, insisting: “I don’t have a malicious bone in my body.” Humble vs. Brash: Andre Ward squares off against Carl Froch
– Bob Velin, USA Today – 12/15/2011 His nickname doesn’t inspire fear in opponents. Ridicule on occasion but not fear. He’s a Christian, soft-spoken, humble, family man. Ward, Froch evolved during Super Six Tournament
– Lem Satterfield, Ring Magazine – 12/15/2011 Both THE RING’s No. 9 pound-for-pound fighter, Andre Ward, of Oakland, Calif., and the man he will face on Saturday, Carl Froch, of England, say their participation in the Showtime’s Super Six World Boxing Classic has caused them to evolve as fighters. Andre Ward: I’m a different kind of warrior
- Jake Donovan, Boxing Scene -12/15/2011 More often than not, the term ‘warrior’ immediately invokes visions of a face-first brawler who bleeds if you stare hard enough at him. He’s the guy rising from one knockdown after another to somehow will himself to victory or at least go out on his shield. Oakland’s Andre Ward ready for biggest challenge
– Vittorio Tarfur, San Francisco Chronicle – 12/14/2011 Andre Ward has a chip on his shoulder, but his trainer, Virgil Hunter, says it’s a “good, healthy chip.” Andre Ward hoping Super Six finale is worth the wait
– Tim Smith, New York Daily News – 12/13/2011 Andre Ward was on time for the Super Six Final press conference at the Edison Ballroom Tuesday afternoon. But he found himself waiting for Carl Froch, his opponent in the 168-pound tournament finale in Atlantic City on Saturday night. Like Tim Tebow, Andre Ward is only a Gangster for God
– Michael Marley, Examiner.com – 12/13/2011 Like Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow, undefeated world super middleweight champion Andre Ward wears his Christianity on his sleeve. Videos from final Ward-Froch Press Conference
– 12/13/2011 Andre Ward Quotes from final Ward-Froch Press Conference
- 12/13/2011 Andre Ward sees no reason to trash talking persona
– Keith Idec, Boxing Scene – 12/6/2011 Andre Ward won’t create a promotional persona, like the alter ego Floyd “Money” Mayweather Jr. has used to help him earn eight figures for fights. The unbeaten WBA super middleweight champion won’t insult his opponent’s mother, either, the way Ricardo Mayorga did while relishing his role as boxing’s bad boy. Andre Ward – Carl Froch Conference Call highlights - 12/6/2011
Highlights from Andre Ward’s conference call with Carl Froch media teleconference ahead of their Super Six finale on December 17 in Atlantic City Boxer Andre Ward fights hard to keep things normal
- Jeff Faraudo, Oakland Tribune – 12/5/2011 When Tiffiney Ward’s husband heads off for a day at the office, she knows his job involves getting punched in the face. And she actually shows up to watch. Top 5 American Boxers under 30
- Loren Robinson, Yahoo – 12/3/2011 Who will be the next superstar in American boxing? Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Bernard Hopkins can only fight so long before their skills diminish. However, there are several young talented boxers. Who are the best American boxers under 30? Ward’s ready to represent the USA
- Robert Hough, Fightnews.com There was no Thanksgiving dinner with the family for Andre Ward (24-0, 13 KOs), who’s away from his wife and three children while training for his December 17th fight against Carl Froch (28-1, 20 KOs), but he was like a kid on Christmas morning earlier this month when he opened a box with the shoes he’ll wear in the ring against the Englishman. SHOWTIME Staredown: Andre Ward vs. Carl Froch Yahoo – Ward takes patient path
- Kevin Iole – 9/27/2011 Andre Ward, the 2004 Olympic gold medalist, still isn’t a household name, despite defeating Mikkel Kessler, Allan Green, Sakio Bika and Arthur Abraham during Showtime’s Super Six tournament and moving into the Yahoo! Sports Top 10. ESPN.com – Super Six Finale set for December 17
- Dan Rafael – 9/27/2011 The super middleweight title unification bout between Andre Ward and Carl Froch, postponed last week because Ward suffered a cut over his right eye while sparring, has been rescheduled for Dec. 17. Ring Magazine – Exclusive Q&A with Andre Ward
- Lem Satterfield – 9/27/2011 RingTV.com spoke to WBA super middleweight Andre Ward
in the wake of his having suffered a cut over his right eye that forced the postponement
of his bout with WBC counterpart Carl Froch
for the championships of the Super Six World Boxing Classic and THE RING. Andre Ward’s Cut in Photos: Before and After
Courtesy Showtime and their Fight Camp 360 cameras, here’s Andre Ward’s cut in the gym being toweled off, pre-stitching, and then stitched up.
Sacramento Bee – Ward seeks new fight date after suffering cut
- Jeff Faurado – 9/24/2011 Andre Ward’s trainer said a new date for the Super Six Boxing Classic title bout won’t be determined until late next week after Ward had seven stitches removed from a cut he suffered during a sparring session. USA Today – Andre Ward injured, Froch fight postponed
- Bob Velin – 9/23/2011 Showtime’s Super Six World Classic, hit hard by injuries throughout the long, drawn-out tournament, took another blow Friday when the final match between undefeated Andre Ward and Carl Froch was postponed indefinitely after Ward suffered a gash over his right eye during a sparring session. Press Tour Over, Ward reflects on Froch, October 29
– Thomas Gerbasi – 8/26/2011 There were probably a thousand and one things Andre Ward would have rather been doing on the day after an extensive three day media tour that took him to England, New York, and finally back home to Oakland, California. Andre Ward opponent, Carl Froch, saves jabs for the ring
– San Jose Mercury News – 8/25/2011 After two days of delivering jabs to Andre Ward’s reputation in media tour stops at London and New York City to promote the Super Six Boxing Classic title bout, Carl Froch got friendly Wednesday in front of Ward’s hometown crowd in Oakland. Ward wasn’t buying it.
Andre Ward out to master ‘Show and Tell’ boxing
– Lance Pugmire – 8/24/2011 Oakland boxer Andre Ward found himself in a bit of a verbal scuffle this week as he engaged in conversation with Carl Froch, his fellow “Super Six” super-middleweight title finalist, about their bout Oct. 29.
Froch-Ward Press Conference Video
– Fight Hype – 8/23/2011 Both boxers speak during the New York leg of the international press tour of the SHOWTIME Super Six World Boxing Classic.
Froch-Ward Heats Up!
- 8/23/2011 The Super Six World Boxing Classic International Press Tour continued today in New York City and WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch stated he can take anything WBA champion Andre Ward can dish out and not be stopped, but he can stop Ward with one punch. Ward naturally disagreed
Froch-Ward Tickets on Sale Friday for Fight at Boardwalk Hall
– By David Weinberg – 8/23/2011 Tickets for the Oct. 29 super-welterweight unification fight between WBC champion Carl Froch and WBA king Andre Ward at Boardwalk Hall will go on sale Friday at noon. Carl Froch-Andre Ward Ticket Information and Prices
– By Boxing Scene – 8/23/2011 Two years in the making, The Final of the Super Six World Boxing Classic between World Boxing Association (WBA) super middleweight champion Andre Ward and his World Boxing Council (WBC) counterpart Carl Froch is set to take place on Saturday, Oct. 29 from Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J.
My Toughnesss is underestimated
- By Phil Jay – 8/22/2011 Undefeated WBA super-middleweight champion Andre Ward is ready to put everything on the line to show the boxing world that he is the real deal and that he will walk away from Atlantic City as the unified 168lb champion and first ever Super-Six tournament winner.
Andre Ward Presser Video
– 8/22/2011 In this special video, Andre Ward talks about his upcoming fight against Carl Froch. The Ward vs. Froch bout is the Super Six tournament finale, and is for both the WBA and WBC super middleweight titles.
Froch and Ward Eye Triple Crown in Super Six Finale
- 8/11/2011 Saturday, October 29, two confident reigning world champions-one from America, the other from Europe-will collide in the eagerly awaited Super Six World Boxing Classic Final, a World Championship Unification, live on Sky Sports from the historic Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J.Andre Ward on Froch, Kessler, Bute and Hopkins
Ward Q&A – “I don’t feel I’m getting my just respect”
– By Lem Satterfield – 8/7/2011 Should he defeat WBC super middleweight beltholder Carl Froch on Oct. 29 in Atlantic City, N.J., WBA titleholder Andre Ward shed light on what his future might entail during a recent interview with RingTV.com
Andre Ward ready to East for Froch Fight
By Scott Christ – 7/31/2011 Super middleweight titlist Andre Ward says he’s ready for his October 29 fight against Carl Froch, which is the final bout of the two-year Super Six World Boxing Classic tournament, and that he’s not concerned about heading out of California for the fight
Talkin’Boxing with Andre Ward
- By Scoop Malinowski – 7/25/2011 One of the premier champions in the sport today, Andre Ward made a surprise appearance at the Global Boxing Gym in North Bergen, N.J. last week.
Boardwalk Hall Gets Super Six Finale
By: Dan Rafael – 7/18/2011 Just over two years after Showtime’s Super Six World Boxing Classic began on Oct. 17, 2009, it will end with the 11th fight of the tournament when super middleweight titlist Andre Ward and Carl Froch meet Oct. 29 to unify their belts.
Andre Ward signs mulit-year extension with promoters By Dan Rafael - 5/24/2011 Super middleweight titlist Andre Ward has been with promoter Dan Goossen since the day he turned pro after winning a 2004 Olympic gold medal. They will be together for a lot longer now that Ward has signed a multiyear promotional contract extension.
Andre S.O.G. Ward interview By Rob Scott - 5/23/2011
Well it’s hard to say because sometimes I don’t even know what I’m going to do when I get in that ring. You know, being unpredictable has been a strength of mine, but I think when people see speed, athletism and skill, the first thing they want to do is call you just a boxer.
Andre Ward signs mulit-year extension with promoters By Dan Rafael - 5/24/2011
Super middleweight titlist Andre Ward has been with promoter Dan Goossen since the day he turned pro after winning a 2004 Olympic gold medal. They will be together for a lot longer now that Ward has signed a multiyear promotional contract extension.
Everlast signs boxing champion to exclusive contract By PR Newswire 5/23/2011
Everlast Worldwide Inc., the global leader in fight sports and fitness, today announced the signing of an exclusive, multi year equipment and apparel contract with current WBA super middleweight champion, Andre Ward. Under the agreement, Ward will exclusively train with Everlast equipment and apparel, as well as play a feature role in direct-to-consumer and retail marketing initiatives.
Andre Ward, Nonito Donaire’s Path to Greatness By Vittorio Tafur - 5/14/2011
Nobody forgets his first time. Andre Ward first got into the ring to spar when he was 10, and he remembers getting beat something fierce by a 15-year-old kid named Glenn at Hayward’s U.S. Karate and Boxing Gym.
Andre Ward moves to Super Six final By ESPN.com 5/15/2011
Andre Ward felt like the road team in his home state when he walked to the open-air ring amid a chorus of boos while hundreds of Armenians waved red-blue-and-orange flags.
Ward again wins with guile and precision By Monte Poole - 5/15/2011
The restless members of the boxing community keep waiting for Andre Ward to blow somebody up, beat somebody down and, please, knock somebody out.
Ward Sees off Abraham By SkySports.com - 5/15/2011
WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward overwhelmed Germany’s Arthur Abraham on his way to a unanimous decision and a place in the Super Six final.
Andre Ward represents all that is right about boxing By Tim Smith - 5/13/2011
Watching Andre Ward progress through the Super Six Tournament is similar to watching him work his way through the2004 Olympic Games in Athens toward a gold medal for the U.S. Boxing team.
Trends split for Andre Ward, Arthur Abraham By Vittorio Tafur - 5/13/2011
When the Super Six World Boxing Classic began 10 years ago – OK, OK, it was only October 2009 – Germany’s Arthur Abraham was 31-0 and one of the favorites to win the super-middleweight tournament.
World Champ Ward wasn’t always a sure thing By LATimes.com - 5/12/2011
It wasn’t all that long ago. Rather than an accomplished world champion favored by consensus to win a star- studded cable network tournament, Andre Ward was something else.
Ward defeats Abraham By Francisco Salazar and Rocco Morales - 5/15/2011
WBA super middleweight world champion and the Super Six top-seeded Andre Ward (24-0, 13 KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over former IBF middleweight champion Arthur Abraham (32-3, 26 KOs) on Saturday night at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California. Abraham came out aggressively and took the fight to Ward for the first three rounds.
Ward and Abraham ready for Saturday’s clash By Ramon Aranda - 5/12/2011
On Wednesday afternoon Andre Ward and Arthur Abraham took part in the final press conference for Saturday night’s matchup, which takes place in Carson, California for Ward’s WBA super middleweight title.
More on Ward-Abraham By Rocco Morales - 5/12/2011
Wednesday afternoon, Arnie Morton’s Steakhouse in Burbank, California, was the site of the final press conference for the showdown between WBA Super World super middleweight champion, Andre “S.O.G.” Ward, and former IBF middleweight chamion, “King” Arthur Abraham.
Unheralded Ward should be American Sensation By Mark Whicker - 5/12/2011
Andre Ward should need bodyguards. He shouldn’t be standing there in a Las Vegas ballroom by himself, talking to everybody with a camera and a tricked-up cellphone.
Andre Ward on Focusing on Abraham By RingTV.com - 5/12/2011
Andre Ward tells RingTV’s Doug Fischer why Arthur Abraham is still dangerous despite losing his last two Super Six bouts. The undefeated WBA super middleweight titleholder, who hinted that he might test Abraham’s body on Saturday, also discussed the need for neutral officials and his star potential at the final press conference for the Showtime-televised title bout.
Ward can be a star but its going to take time By Doug Fischer - 5/12/2011
Andre Ward was viewed as a very talented but inexperienced and largely unproven prospect when it was first announced that he would participate in Showtime’s Super Six World Boxing Classic almost two years ago.
Andre Ward on Abraham, Styles and the Chip on his Shoulder By John J. Raspanti - 5/10/2011
WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward sits quietly in the corner of Kings Gym. He looks up occasionally at a sound or movement but soon returns to his hands. All around him are reminders of boxing’s long and rich history.
Showtime’s “Super Six World Classic: the Super Middleweights” semifinals comes to Carson, CA this week for a bout that on paper features the underdog in the tournament, Andre Ward, and the favorite, Arthur Abraham.
Andre Ward, A Fighter You Should Know By Scott Christ - 5/10/2011
This Saturday, Showtime features the continuation of the Super Six World Boxing Classic. And one of the fighters in the main event is Andre Ward, a young, talented, charismatic American fighter. He’s got a legit amateur background (so long as you consider an Olympic gold medal legit), has fought tough fights and won them in dominant fashion, and just might – just might – be the next top American star in boxing.
Super Six presser at MGM By FightNews.com - 5/07/2011
A press conference to hype the Super Six World Boxing Classic Semifinalists, and their upcoming bouts on Saturday, May 14 and Saturday, June 4, live on SHOWTIME, was held today at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Sugar Ray Leonard on Andre WardBy Scott Christ05/09/2011
Recently, Sugar Ray Leonard spoke about super middleweight star Andre Ward. Ward faces Arthur Abraham on Saturday night at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California, live on Showtime, paired with the Pacquiao vs Mosley replay. The broadcast starts at 10pm EDT.